Wednesday 30 April 2014

[Monthly Review] April 2014

Hello!

Is it just me or is this year going rather fast? So scary to think that in less than a month I will have finished University for life (hopefully) and have to go out into the big wide world and find a career job (which so far, isn't going too great!). Also, a month today (30th), my sister is getting married! It's been planned for so long and I cannot believe there is just a month to go now!

April has been a very quiet month with Pea hardly having done too much work. He had the first week off as I was away working at Belton. He then did a bit of work, hacking the first day and then lunged the day after only to look awfully stiff behind so I schooled the next day to see if he needed the chiro or anything but he seemed fine. I also jumped him a few days later (blog post here) and he was perfectly fine, schooled again a few days later and again no issues. He then had another few days off as I managed to pass out and wacked my toe in the process meaning I could hardly walk on it (so clever!). I lunged him again and although possibly slightly stiff in trot he was happy cantering round in circles. Hacked him and he was fine, lunged again in front of dad and no issues whatsoever. So frustrating, especially as I had put down for him to see the vet about it when he had his jabs a few days later. The vet said that he's slightly stiff in his stifles and that he also drags his toes so to do some raised poles with him for a few weeks and then if I feel he's not any better then to possibly x-ray and see if there's anything more. He seems to have been fine over poles and instead is just refusing to bend so who knows. I'm going to try again for another week or two and if his bending doesn't improve then get the chiro out unless he's still iffy behind then it will be the vet. 


Sorry there's not much to report, I've been so busy with university and everything but hopefully May will bring better work from him! 

Thanks for reading, 
Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment