Tuesday 15 July 2014

[Book Review] Share and Share Alike by Hannah Hooton


When I saw a comment from Hannah asking if I would be interested in writing a review on her new novel, 'Share and Share Alike', I knew I couldn't refuse. I am such a book nerd; I will spend hours reading a good book - often staying up until the early hours of the morning or wasting a day away stuck with my head in a book. 'Share and Share Alike' is a racing novel following Tessa as she forms part of a syndicate, only to end up with the horse being deliberately injured. 

The story will make you play detective as you try and work out who the culprit is. I was so sure I knew who it was only to be completely wrong...good thing I don't plan on going into the police force or even law for that matter, I'd be rubbish! However, I love how the author makes you question everyone and that it's not predictable about the outcome or the reasoning behind. I get bored and annoyed when books become predictable, it just ruins the element of surprise, but this story definitely does not do that and I ended up so engrossed, promising myself just one more chapter, only to still be there an hour or two later - oops! 

Alongside the crime mystery there is also a romance story which I love. I'm such a sucker for good romance novels... Although this is slightly more predictable, I still got swept away in the story and found myself laughing and also crying (in happiness though!) which is slightly embarrassing, but it just goes to show that I got completely engrossed in this book!

The book caters for everyone as even if you don't know much about horses or racing you can still follow along with great ease as she cleverly gives explanations about aspects that might be confusing within the industry. For example, the purpose of the handicapper and weights is explained really well, which I really liked as, although I do enjoy going to the races, I was still slightly unsure about how this worked, but luckily, I'm now more clued up. 

So, if you're looking for a good book to get lost in this summer, I completely recommend you go and check out 'Share and Share Alike' as I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Just be sure to leave a few hours to read it, just in case you get a bit too engrossed as I did! 

Here are the links for you to be able to find the book:
Amazon
Kobo
Itunes
Paperback

Also, be sure to check out her website to find out about her other novels. I am definitely planning on reading some more! You can also find other methods of purchasing the book on here if need be! 

Thanks for reading, 
Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment