Sunday 24 August 2014

York Ebor Races [Saturday 23rd August 2014]



Yesterday, I went to York Racecourse for the Ebor race meeting to celebrate my friends 21st. Unfortunately, I didn't actually get to see much of the races which is a bit of a shame, but it's always a nice day out regardless. 

York racecourse is quite nice, it's not overly large but it can be a bit hard to find people again if you split up! Also, it can be hard to get a good view of the race, so it's best to go higher and try and view from there. York races were full of bars but limited seating, unless you pay more for the county stand or wherever, however, these were considerably more so we just stuck with grandstand and paddock entry. 

Visiting the races has made me also want to consider working in racecourse management as well as event management and I think they are vaguely linked. I just need to finish my placement first! 

Let me know if you want me to do a blog post on visiting the races on a budget!

Thanks for reading, 
Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment