Tuesday 2 September 2014

[Monthly Review] August 2014


There's isn't really much to report on for this month as Pea's on a holiday until I finish placement. Originally, the plan was to bring him up with me, however, finding somewhere suitable for him proved difficult and so I decided (with the help of you!) to leave him at home. As much as it pains me leaving him and not being able to do much with him or compete him, he's at least happy! This picture just sums up how much he has been loving his holiday:

He's mainly just been lunged or hacked as I don't feel it's too important to school him. However, once I am able to ride more permanent he is onto boot camp! He will be clipped, hopefully stabled again, and on the way to getting fit! I'm hoping the holiday will have done him some good...but with Pea, who knows? I have also decided that I am going to try and get fitter as it's unfair to expect him to do all the work and improve if I'm not fit enough! Therefore, I have started running again and will hopefully stick to going more often! Normally, after about two/three weeks I seem to stop..but not this time! Not riding during the week means that I have decided I can put that time to better use and get running. I also plan on doing some pilates or core exercises to strengthen my core which will hopefully help as well! If anyone has any tips, I'd love to hear them! 

September will probably be the same, but hopefully I will be fitter than what I currently am! As for the moment, Pea seems content with his holiday and didn't feel the need to get up despite me sitting on him or other horses coming over! 

Thanks for reading, 
Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment