Friday 7 August 2015

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back


For the past month it seems that me and Pea are on a bit of a roller coaster ride! We get so far and start doing well and then something goes wrong. 

He had been going well and we were building canter up again after my knock in confidence and then when I was schooling last Thursday, he point blank refused to trot. I immediately knew something wasn't right and on the lunge his was being really iffy with his off hind. I gave him a few days off and then Monday lunged him again. He was being odd to begin with but then got sent forward and was fine. Wednesday I rode him and whilst he tried it on when I asked for trot, I pushed through and he worked really well. 

Thursday (yesterday) I bought him in only to discover his near hind was all swollen. At the moment it just seems bruised and I've taken him out for a walk hack and kept him out as well as cold hosed it each day. I'm working over the weekend but I have some people keeping an eye on him and cold hosing it for me so hopefully it will go down! Fingers crossed!

Thanks for reading,
Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment