Monday 4 April 2016

[Monthly Review] March 2016



March has not been a good month. If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, then you will most probably know that Pea has started to play up again quite badly. It's really frustrating as I felt like we were slowly moving forwards but now we've gone straight back to the beginning where I can hardly get a few strides of trot, never mind anything else. 

At the minute, it's such a struggle to really do anything with Pea. The other day, I went in the arena with the intent of just walking him over some poles and do various exercise over them to engage his hind legs. The first five-ten minutes weren't too bad and then as I went to change the rein, he randomly stopped and played up :( He did it a few other times and a sharp tap on his neck made him behave a bit better (after upping his bucking game first!). 

Therefore, there is very little to report for March as our acomplishments are being able to do 15 minutes of schooling with no stops! I'm not really sure what to do with him now so I think April is going to be a case of seeing how he goes and maybe having another chat with the vet and my instructor to see what the best course of action is. 

Thanks for reading,

Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment